Stored Session object is mixed up with another user's session object.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by momo898, Oct 12, 2006.

  1. momo898

    momo898 Guest

    I have a big problem. Most case it's working well but sometime the
    below happens.

    User A on computer B gets session object created by user X on computer
    Y instead of getting session object saved by User A. It means Session
    ID is changed.

    Is it possible? Have anyone seen this?

    Server is windows 2003.
    In web.config.
    <sessionState
    mode="InProc"
    stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
    sqlConnectionString="data
    source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes"
    cookieless="false"
    timeout="600"
    />

    momo898, Oct 12, 2006

  2. nahhhh...

    just try yourself with Firefox and IE on teh same page, tur trace ON and
    check the session id for both.

    something in your code is wrong... I had thoose problems in ASP and I had to
    reduce the amount of session variables to work perfectly, and now in asp.net
    2.0 I use SQL Session and never got any problems (and I have a lot of web
    applications online with several users on them everytime)

    --

    Bruno Alexandre
    KĂžbenhavn, Danmark

    "a portuguese in Denmark"

    Bruno Alexandre, Oct 12, 2006

  3. most likely its a coding error on your part. you are probably store session
    in a vb module variable. vb module variables are statics so there is only
    one value for all page request. a value set by one request, is the value all
    other requests (threads) see.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Oct 12, 2006