    with the information regarding accessibility of machine.config
    file,meaning thereby,who can access thisfile and who cannot.An early
    reply would be appreciated.

    Ritu, Jul 26, 2003

  2. Ritu

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    the idea of a machine config file is to maintain configuration information
    for the server or machine as whole to aid in deployment, scalability,
    performance and efficiency of the applications running on that machine.
    Configuration information specific to a particular application needs to go
    in the web config file. This is where you would put your connection strings.
    You would store things like max memory usage, buffer size settings, output
    buffer cache size in the machine config file because these configurations
    affect alll apps running on the machine and not a specific application per
    say.

    Alvin Bruney, Jul 27, 2003