    donation form that needs the amount entered before being sent to the payment
    processor form.

    Thanks for the help!

    jakeatkins via WebmasterKB.com, Sep 14, 2007

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "jakeatkins via WebmasterKB.com"
    <u35973@uwe> writing in news:783813f4407df@uwe:

    > Is it possible to have a user enter an amount into a textbox and then
    > store that in a variable, all within one .php file? I'm trying to set
    > up an online donation form that needs the amount entered before being
    > sent to the payment processor form.
    >
    > Thanks for the help!

    You're going to need a lot more than the amount. You will need the
    person's name, address, card number, expiration, etc. All that
    information is in the FORM or QUERYSTRING (depending if the request was
    GET or POST) object, a string of name/value pairs. It looks something
    like: firstname=John&lastname=Doe&address=123 Any
    Street&city=Glendale&state=CA&zip=91205&card=123456789012345&expmonth=9
    &expyear=2006.

    You will probably want to have the form post to itself, validate the
    results serverside, then send them to the gateway in whatever form the
    gateway is expecting.

    I would suggest first reading up on form processing in PHP, and then
    reading the SDK for the gateway you are going to use.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Sep 16, 2007