Storing running instances between calls

dumbledad

Hi Folks,

I'm using ASP.Net (with some web services) to do behind-the-scenes
computation for a Flash based prototype. That is, the Flash handles the
UI and the user interaction but any computation is done *on the client
machine* by ASP.Net pages and web services called from ActionScript in
the Flash. One of these is "Play" which plays sound files on the client
machine where the file-type is such that Flash cannot play them
directly. The call has this format:

http://localhost/Voicemails/Play.aspx?id=060628.wav

What I'd like to do is add another call of the form

http://localhost/Voicemails/Play.aspx?id=060628.wav&stop=true

or

http://localhost/Voicemails/Stop.aspx?id=060628.wav

that would stop the playback of the file. To do this I'd need to store
a reference to the running SoundPlayer instance between calls to web
pages or web service functions. I realise that usually this is a bad
idea, but since this is running in IIS on the client PC and has only
one user (the Flash app) the usual scaling issues do not apply. How do
I do this?

Thanks,

Tim.