Storing Session in SQL Server

Guest

Hi
I am using SQL Server to store session State. For this i have to specify
<sessionState
mode="SQLServer"
sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user
id=<username>;password=<strongpassword>"
cookieless="false"
timeout="20"
/>
in Web.config file. BUT i do not want to reveal User id and password in
this connection string, how can i do this. Can i set the connection String
Programatically in say Global.asax.

Marina Levit [MVP]

No.

There is a utility out there (don't recall the name) that allows you to
encrypt this information and store it in the registry, and have asp.net pull
from there.

The other option is to use integrated security, and set up the asp.net user
(or whatever user asp.net is being run under) in sql server.