    and invoke a method in my managed assembly?

    Thank you,
    ~swooz

    swoozie, Mar 17, 2005

  2. swoozie

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    in the page_load just add some Request.QueryString() calls, maybe a simple
    switch() statement.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Site & Scripts: http://www.Darkfalz.com

    Curt_C [MVP], Mar 17, 2005

  3. swoozie

    swoozie Guest

    Curt_C [MVP] wrote:
    > in the page_load just add some Request.QueryString() calls, maybe a

    simple
    > switch() statement.
    >
    > --
    > Curt Christianson
    > Site & Scripts: http://www.Darkfalz.com
    > Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com

    Curt, thanks for the reply. I am still unsure
    how to handle the "Submit.asp" in the URL. Do
    I need to create a straight ASP page to handle
    this? And there's the issue with ending up
    in managed code with the parm values.

    Thanks a lot!
    ~swooz

    swoozie, Mar 17, 2005
  4. It's all yours now, Curt. -)

    --

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP

    Kevin Spencer, Mar 17, 2005
  5. swoozie

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    huh? that makes little sense to me......
    Is this .ASP or .ASPX where you are trying to read the querystring values?

    Curt_C [MVP], Mar 17, 2005
  6. swoozie

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    I got the feeling I missed something, but thanks for the warning :}

    Curt_C [MVP], Mar 17, 2005
  7. swoozie

    swoozie Guest

    I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. The HTTP GET is from a 3rd-party
    client, so I have to handle the URL with ".asp" in it (see above).
    If I can handle that with ASP.NET, great! Can I set up a redirect
    to an ASPX? Either way, I need to end up with the parms
    in a managed assembly, be it web tier or middle. I'm fairly new
    to this, so apologies in advance. And thanks so much for the help.

    ~swooz

    swoozie, Mar 17, 2005
  8. swoozie

    swoozie Guest

    One more post to further clarify! ;-)
    I am assuming since they're throwing ".asp" at me
    that I need to have a classic ASP page on the web
    server.

    swoozie, Mar 17, 2005
  9. swoozie

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    you mean that THEY are pointing to YOUR site like this:

    http://www.yoursite.com/submit.asp?parm1={1}&parm2={2}&parm3={3}

    If so, few things...
    1) wrong group, this is a .NET group.
    2) you will need a page on your server called "submit.asp"
    3) in that page you will need:
    - myValue1 = Request.QueryString("param1")
    - myValue2 = Request.QueryString("param2")
    - myValue3 = Request.QueryString("param3")

    that clarify it for ya?

    Curt_C [MVP], Mar 17, 2005
  10. swoozie

    swoozie Guest

    Yes, it does clarify, thanks. I did the .NET
    newsgroup b/c [so far] I've written a pure .NET
    app, but it appears I'm gonna have to have
    an unmanaged piece in there.

    ty

    swoozie, Mar 17, 2005
  11. swoozie

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    or get them to point to a .aspx page instead

    Curt_C [MVP], Mar 17, 2005