    ok on the ISP server.

    Any ideas?

    Joe
    Joe Coppola, Jun 14, 2004

  2. Joe Coppola

    Brian Lowe Guest

    Part of the web configuration in IIS is the time allowed for a page to run.
    If it goes beyond say 900 seconds IIS thinks it's hit an error and declares
    a problem.

    Another part of the configuration tells IIS what to do with errors; either
    give an unhelpful 'an error occurred...' message or give full details to
    help the developer figure out what went wrong. In a production environment
    IIS is usually set to give no help to potential hackers.

    It may simply be that having so many response.write lines in your page takes
    too long to process. That would explain why removing some of them fixes the
    problem.

    Suggestions:

    Increase the time-out period by alering the config on your IIS server.

    Decrease the size of the recordset. Maybe use paging?

    Brian Lowe
    ---------@

    "Joe Coppola" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there.
    >
    > I am having a weird problem. Currently I have a straight ASP page that
    > queries an Access database and returns the large recordset on a page that
    > loops through the recordset and writes the appropriate <td> tags in order

    > put the data into a table. Now when I run it in my test environment it

    runs

    Brian Lowe, Jun 14, 2004

  3. Joe Coppola

    Joe Coppola Guest

    Brian,

    Thanks for the reply. I too thought about the timeout setting, but
    interestingly I changed the timeout setting on my test server to be like 1
    second and I dont get the error, the page just doesnt finish loading
    completely. Note I also set the timeout or ASP pages as well.

    Is there a way to get a more complete error message?

    You are correct the # of response lines is sort of the cause, and I have
    thought of paging the results, however, I need the users to be able to
    export the whole results to another program... any ideas of this?

    Well thanks for the help.

    Joe

    Joe Coppola, Jun 14, 2004