Straming video playback

Paolo

Hi all!
I'm new to Linux but I have a complex task (at least it seems so to
me!): I created a small multicast protocol in C++ and now I need an
application for testing. I have to create an application that sends and
receive video streams, and diplays the videoo too on the screen. In the
protocol API I have two methods, StreamWrite and StreamRead, both
accepting a buffer (actually a pointer to a buffer) as parameter. I
need a class or a module or something that lets me write to an input
buffer and then displys the video I entered. Obviously I can provide
the type of codec used, which will be I think MPEG since it enables the
recevier to start receiving the stream after the sending has started, I
mean that the receiver doesn't need to receive the stream from the
beginning (or does it?). Of course there will be some sort of
synchronization in the protocol... Now the point is: do you know
anything that lets me do this? Or maybe just an hint of where to find
it?
Thank you in advance for your help!

Victor Bazarov

Paolo said:
[..Video for Linux..] ... Now the point is: do you know
anything that lets me do this? Or maybe just an hint of where to find
it?

http://www.google.com

Your question has nothing to do with the subject of this newsgroup. The
fact that you're writing it in C++ notwithstanding. Try asking in a Linux
newsgroup as a backup.