    Thanx in advance for your help
    -Garrett

    , Jul 27, 2006

  2. Ivan Marsh Guest

    On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:26:21 -0700, gdeacon wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am encountering a strnge alert message for IE 6.0.2800 when trying to
    > open an Excel file. The error dies not appear when the user uses IE
    > 6.0.2900. The error message reads...
    >
    > "Could not run the listener function(){ return __method.apply(object,
    > args.concat ..."
    >
    > Has anyone else encountered this weirdness and if so what does it mean
    > and is there a way to prevent this?
    >
    > Thanx in advance for your help
    > -Garrett

    What version of Office was the Excel file produced with?

    Feingold-Obama '08 - Because the Constitution isn't history,
    It's the law.

    Ivan Marsh, Jul 27, 2006

  3. Garrett Guest

    Hi Ivan,

    The web application takes data from a data store and generates an excel
    file that is then loaded to the user. We use Office 2003. I don't
    know the particulars on how the file is generated but I can investigate
    that.

    Thanx for your help
    -Garrett

    Garrett, Jul 28, 2006
  4. Ivan Marsh Guest

    On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 04:48:30 -0700, Garrett wrote:

    > Hi Ivan,
    >
    > The web application takes data from a data store and generates an excel
    > file that is then loaded to the user. We use Office 2003. I don't
    > know the particulars on how the file is generated but I can investigate
    > that.

    Well, it's just a guess that it's a simple versioning issue... but it
    wouldn't be the first time a Microsoft file wasn't compatible with a
    Microsoft application.

    Ivan Marsh, Jul 28, 2006