Strange Alert from IE

gdeacon

Hello,

I am encountering a strnge alert message for IE 6.0.2800 when trying to
open an Excel file. The error dies not appear when the user uses IE
6.0.2900. The error message reads...

"Could not run the listener function(){ return __method.apply(object,
args.concat ..."

Has anyone else encountered this weirdness and if so what does it mean
and is there a way to prevent this?

Thanx in advance for your help
-Garrett

Ivan Marsh

Hello,

I am encountering a strnge alert message for IE 6.0.2800 when trying to
open an Excel file. The error dies not appear when the user uses IE
6.0.2900. The error message reads...

"Could not run the listener function(){ return __method.apply(object,
args.concat ..."

Has anyone else encountered this weirdness and if so what does it mean
and is there a way to prevent this?

Thanx in advance for your help
-Garrett

What version of Office was the Excel file produced with?

Garrett

Hi Ivan,

The web application takes data from a data store and generates an excel
file that is then loaded to the user. We use Office 2003. I don't
know the particulars on how the file is generated but I can investigate
that.

Thanx for your help
-Garrett

Ivan Marsh

Hi Ivan,

The web application takes data from a data store and generates an excel
file that is then loaded to the user. We use Office 2003. I don't
know the particulars on how the file is generated but I can investigate
that.

Well, it's just a guess that it's a simple versioning issue... but it
wouldn't be the first time a Microsoft file wasn't compatible with a
Microsoft application.