Strange "ambiguous in namespace" complier error disappears with rebuild

John Kotuby

Hi all.

I am using VS 2005 and VB.NET.
Lately as my Web Application is getting larger, I have been getting strange
compiler messages like the following:
---------------------------
Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'controls_user_createquicksearchbar_ascx'
is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'.

Source Error:

Line 9:
Line 10: <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="Content1"
Runat="Server">
Line 11: <uc1:CreateQuickSearchBar ID="CreateQuickSearchBar1"
runat="server" />
Line 12:
Line 13: <uc2:pCSavedSearches ID="PCSavedSearches1" runat="server" />
---------------------------

This typically occurs after I have made a change that is in a code-behind
page in which the offending User Control is placed and I do a complete
rebuild and then test.

After the error occurs without making any other changes to the code, I
simply do another full rebuild from within VS and the error goes away and
does not re-occur.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there a fix for it? It is becoming both
annoying and time-consuming.

TIA

Lloyd Sheen

John Kotuby said:
[...]

I have exactly the same problem. I have googled, asked here but no answers
/ solutions. Get out of the car and get back in. The only thing I can
think of is that depending on where my right hand is (on mouse or keyboard)
I will use F5 or click start debugging toolbar button. I always thought
that was the same but it seems that if I use only one of those combinations
I don't get the problem.

LS