Strange "back" button effects!

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by harry, Apr 29, 2004.

  1. harry

    harry Guest

    Using IE 5.5 (sp2) - no other browser compatability is neccessary!

    When the user makes a change to a text field I record the "dirty" event in a
    hidden text field i.e value set to "true". As soon as this field is "true"
    several extra buttons are made visible/invisible.

    When the page is submitted the data may result in errors which are
    dispplayed on an error page. On this page there's a button that just does a
    onClick="javascript: history.back();".

    During this reload I need to be able to determine if the dirty field was set
    so as to show/hide the appropriate buttons. The trouble is during loading
    the value of the field is blank but when the page is displayed it is
    "true" - too late to set the buttons!

    Any ideas?

    thanks

    harry