Strange Behavior for Pages Named Default.aspx

Joey

I have several asp.net 2.0 apps written in VS2005 in C#. For each one,
I like to create and track page view events, increment counters, etc.
I do this in a block on each page, like this...

if(!this.Page.IsPostBack)
{
Event.Write(EventSource.UserActivity,EventType.Informational,"My
event text");
Counter.Hit(WebPage.MyPage);

Now, for the problem. I noticed that many events are being written
twice, and many counters are being incremented twice when viewing the
page only once. When I set a breakpoint inside the code block above,
for any page named "Default.aspx" (no matter where it is in the folder
structure) the lines inside the code block execute twice. If I rename
the page to something else, they execute only once, as expected.

Does anyone know what causes this? How can I fix it?

Guest

Hi Joey,

Seems page events are fired twice because event handler is assigned two
times - by the AutoWireupEvent directive and by your code by adding the
handler explicitely (vb.net AddHandler or Handles clauses)

Joey

--
Milosz

My code does not explicitly assign any event handlers.

Guest

Hi again Joey,

I hope you are well. Could you please paste both aspx page and code beside
so we could have a look?