Strange Behavior: Intermittent 'The Page cannot be displayed'.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by L Scott, Dec 2, 2004.

  1. L Scott

    L Scott Guest

    Have developed a c# / asp.net web app. Works locally. But over the internet
    when I access the site, it eventually returns a 'The page cannot be
    displayed' page. Not always on the same page. Can *eventually* re-display
    this error page correctly. Have not see this when I access the site
    locally (from desktop). Many of the pages have sort-able data grids. Have
    also noticed that I often am getting this 'The page cannot be displayed'
    message when attempting to sort on a column. When I see this failure, if I
    hit the 'back' button and then try to display a different page, it works.
    Then can't sort the new page, but can then redisplay old page (but sort does
    not work on that page... for a while). Have also seen the web site 'go
    away' and not come back. In all cases, if I wait 5 or 10 minutes (probably
    until session expires) and try again, everything works for a short time
    again. Very strange.

    Again, I have not seen any of these issues when running from the development
    environment (Visual Studio .Net 2003) or when accessing the site from a
    browser on the local desktop.

    Am running web server on my desktop. Have tried to run app on 3 different
    desktops with 3 different operating systems....: W2K (512MB RAM), XP Pro and
    XP MC2005 (1GB RAM). All 3 have same problems. App uses Access database.
    Is this an IIS problem? ASP.NET Problem? Access Problem? Anything I can
    check on? Has anyone else seen these kind of problems? Can anyone help?

    LWS

    L Scott, Dec 2, 2004