Strange behavior using SSL and "FORMS" authentication.

gmarquez

Hello

I am using "FORMS" authentication, without SSL the behavior is normal, everythings working very well

When in IIS I cheking "Require SSL" (in Secure Communications property), I can't to do login, after introducing the credentials, I am redirected to login's page again, If I take the SSL's Check off in the ISS property, everythings will work very well again

NOTE: I have a valid certificate well installed

What is happening?, some suggest

Thanks in advance..

gmarquez

gmarquez

Hello

Searching similar questions (keyword= SSL, in the ASP.NET newsgroup), I found an argue about similar situation. Something gets my attention, they were discussing about creating self-signed certificate (like is my case)
Is about a developer that he doesn't know like create a self-signed certificate.(This not apply for me)
They recommend to review the following articles

INFO: Help Secure Forms Authentication by Using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;81382

INFO: Building Secure ASP.NET Web Applications Guid
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;33024

I had used both of them, I have made all that suggests

I have everything well configured, but when I'm accessing to the secure page, the security alert show me the following

-(ok) The security certificate is from a trsuted certifying authority

-(ok) The security certificate is valid

-(!) The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match then name of the site

Is possible that the last alert is my problem

Thanks in advance..

gmarque

----- gmarquez wrote: ----

Hello

I am using "FORMS" authentication, without SSL the behavior is normal, everythings working very well

When in IIS I cheking "Require SSL" (in Secure Communications property), I can't to do login, after introducing the credentials, I am redirected to login's page again, If I take the SSL's Check off in the ISS property, everythings will work very well again

NOTE: I have a valid certificate well installed

What is happening?, some suggest

Thanks in advance..

gmarquez

Paul Glavich

No, that would not be the reason you are having the
problem, otherwise you would not even get the login page
(as I assume you have SSL for the whole site, not just
some pages) which means the login page is also protected
by SSL. Try doing a bit of tracing and output the
credentials you receive to a trace file, to see what you
are getting.

HTH,
- Paul Glavich
Searching similar questions (keyword= SSL, in the
ASP.NET newsgroup), I found an argue about similar
situation. Something gets my attention, they were
discussing about creating self-signed certificate (like
is my case):
Is about a developer that he doesn't know like create a
self-signed certificate.(This not apply for me).
11/20/2003
They recommend to review the following articles:

INFO: Help Secure Forms Authentication by Using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;813829

INFO: Building Secure ASP.NET Web Applications Guide
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;330246