Strange behaviour with formauthentication and breakpoints

T-Bone

Hi there,
I 've an .aspx page which uses formsauthentication.
The formsauthentication works fine however. When I insert breakpoints
in the code which does the actual authentication, for example the
loginbutton click event, the breakpoints are ignored.
Now the most weird part comes:
Every sixth time I click the login button, the breakpoint work.

Does anyone have a clue what causes this?

SparvHok

T-Bone said:
Hi there,
I 've an .aspx page which uses formsauthentication.
The formsauthentication works fine however. When I insert breakpoints
in the code which does the actual authentication, for example the
loginbutton click event, the breakpoints are ignored.
Now the most weird part comes:
Every sixth time I click the login button, the breakpoint work.

Does anyone have a clue what causes this?

Hi there T-Bone,

Sorry to say, but I dont have a clue. I experience also some weird
things when using Forms Authen. To me it seams that Forms Authen only
works if keep strict to the implementing that MS shows, as soon as you
start make changes it start behaving absolutely crazy.

Of course it could be that I dont understand the process well enough,
but dont u think that it is often like that when developing with MS. It
is like a surprise to actually see the results from time to time. You
dont know what to expect.

I have another weird problem, where I get (sometimes) redirected to the
wrong page (a page that doesnt exist of course).

If anyone out there could explain why these things happen I would be
much obliged.

rgds SparrowHawk

--

| SparrowHawk The Magician |