Strange Behaviour

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Grace Sainsbury, May 21, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I have developed a multi-frame web application with asp.net in c#. One frame
    contains an embedded windows media 9 player for playing .wmv files. While
    there is a file loaded in the player the other frames do not reliably
    refresh.

    Specifivally, if I try to refresh a page where I have overridden the Render
    method, IE will stall. My attempts to debug this seem to indicate that this
    stalling occurs before any code is excecuted. Refreshing the player frame
    allows the stalled frame to load properly. When no file is open in the
    player frame, everything works fine. This does not occur for asp.net pages
    that do not override the render method, or simple html pages.

    The page that causes this problem performs a SQL select in its render
    method. It seems that this does not occur if there is no select in Render.

    I have no idea what could be causing this. Any ideas would be greatly
    appreciated.

    thanks,

    Grace Sainsbury

    Grace Sainsbury, May 21, 2004

  2. Hi

    Perhaps because the file in the player is still loading?
    I did a test and no problems: http://213.190.104.211/

    P.S Low bandwidth so it can take time to load....

    --
    Best Regards
    Vidar Petursson

    Vidar Petursson, May 22, 2004

  3. "Vidar Petursson" <> wrote in message news:<uAh2$>...
    > Hi
    >
    > Perhaps because the file in the player is still loading?
    > I did a test and no problems: http://213.190.104.211/
    >
    > P.S Low bandwidth so it can take time to load....

    The problem occurs even when the entire file has been loaded -- i.e.
    media pler is playing from its cache. With further experimentation, I
    noticed that changing the focus away from IE, then returning causes
    the refresh to complete.

    thaks,

    grace

    Grace Sainsbury, May 24, 2004
  4. Grace,

    In my opinion I would try to duplicate the issue on another machine. This would eliminate your video and or system as a contributing factor. Is this for Internet Explorer and if so which version are you using? I'm pretty certain that the code running on the server is irrelevant unless the frame is hung up while processing that frame.

    Good Luck!

    -Calvin Luttrell
    ProjectThunder.com

    Calvin Luttrel/ProjectThunder.com, May 24, 2004