Strange Caching problem

big DWK

Hi-
We're having a strange caching problem with an ASP.Net app written
in VB.Net on Windows 2003 with all the updates. We have two websevers
that use a common sql backend and a session server to preserve state.
Everything is working on one server, on the second one we have one page
that is giving us problems. Basically we changed the ip of our mail
server and updated the pages that use it accordingly. One page,
however isn't reading the changed page, but instead is reading some old
cached copy. The error shows it thinks the file is located on a laptop
which was used to develop the app and the path doesn't actually exist
on the server at all (the path it reports in the error is something
like c:/Documents and Settings/username/VSCache/filename.aspx). The
username it reports isn't on the server so the directory isn't there
either. We've tried to reset IIS and the server. We simply cannot get
it to read from the file in the website's directory where all the other
files are. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Dave

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Dave,

One thing to try is to add a question mark (?) to the end of the page when
you call it. If the problem is a cached version that should put the good
version into the cache.

I've seen proxy servers that cache so aggressively they need to be dumped
to let loose.

Ken