Strange code - mystery

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by jimmyjoe, Jul 27, 2006.

  1. jimmyjoe

    jimmyjoe Guest

    xp pro sp2
    vs 2005

    I'm getting this bizarre error:
    Server Error in '/CS' Application
    "System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process
    request. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of
    the path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
    8\Common7\Starter\BikeReviewWebService\bikes.xml'." -(there's more).

    There is no such path on my machine and I've searched all code, registry
    and setup files for vs2005. I can not find this path anywhere except on
    this error message.

    The correct path is: C:\Program Files\Microsoft
    Learning\2543\Unit05\Labfiles\Starter\CS. I believe it may be concating
    using 2 sources but can't find them. Any ideas?

    Thanks.....

    jimmyjoe, Jul 27, 2006