Strange compilation error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jill Graham, May 23, 2004.

  1. Jill Graham

    Jill Graham Guest

    Hi,

    From time to time, I receive following error message when trying to access
    my website.
    When the error occurs, I have to recompile my dll until the error disappears
    (this without changing anything in my code).
    Where does this error come from ? What can I do to solve the problem ?
    Compilation Error
    to service this request. Please review the following specific error details
    and modify your source code appropriately.

    Compiler Error Message: CS0030: Cannot convert type
    'System.Web.HttpApplication' to 'ASP.Global_asax'

    Source Error:

    Line 438: protected ASP.Global_asax ApplicationInstance {
    Line 439: get {
    Line 440: return
    ((ASP.Global_asax)(this.Context.ApplicationInstance));
    Line 441: }
    Line 442: }

    Source File: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\emagic.net.website\1a713704\55d0ac6a\5rffbzub.0.cs Line: 440

    Jill Graham, May 23, 2004

  2. Jill Graham

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    As you can figure out its a prpblem with dynamic compilation of pages
    (and asax). do you write any code in your application asax file? if so
    can you post it or at least tell what you are doing ? usually those
    errors ate outcome of code being write in asax code behind.

    Natty Gur[MVP]

    blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
    Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

    Natty Gur, May 24, 2004