Strange compilation error

Jill Graham

Hi,

From time to time, I receive following error message when trying to access
my website.
When the error occurs, I have to recompile my dll until the error disappears
(this without changing anything in my code).
Where does this error come from ? What can I do to solve the problem ?
Compilation Error
to service this request. Please review the following specific error details
and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0030: Cannot convert type
'System.Web.HttpApplication' to 'ASP.Global_asax'

Source Error:

Line 438: protected ASP.Global_asax ApplicationInstance {
Line 439: get {
Line 440: return
((ASP.Global_asax)(this.Context.ApplicationInstance));
Line 441: }
Line 442: }

Source File: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\emagic.net.website\1a713704\55d0ac6a\5rffbzub.0.cs Line: 440

Natty Gur

Hi,

As you can figure out its a prpblem with dynamic compilation of pages
(and asax). do you write any code in your application asax file? if so
can you post it or at least tell what you are doing ? usually those
errors ate outcome of code being write in asax code behind.

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377