Strange CSS problem

Elmo Watson

I have a DotNet Table (asp:Table)
in that table, I have multiple rows and cells, of course -
One table cell is designated for 'content' -
I originally had just assigned a style inline with the tag:
<asp:TableCell Width="615" align="Left" valign="Top" Style="BORDER-TOP:
#000000 2px solid;" ID="ContentCell">
This worked fine.

However, the owners of the page decided it needed a change - on the click of
a button, the styles, etc for the page needed to be changed for the
implementation they needed (long story - won't bore you with that)

so - the page already had a stylesheet linked to it - so I created a new
class:
..TopBorder2 {BORDER-TOP: #000000 12px solid;}

then, I changed the cell to :
<asp:TableCell Width="615" align="Left" valign="Top" CssClass="TopBorder2"
ID="ContentCell">

At this point, I also created a TopBorder0 class, to blank out that border
on the button click...great idea - right?
The CssClass attribute wasn't available at all....I've tried moving it to
the Page_Prerender, the Page_load and included it in the tag itself - it
never rendered to the page

any ideas?

Guest

when in doubt resort to the tried and true method...
..Attributes.Add("class","TopBorder1")

Guest

if the button click only need to change styles (if you are currently posting
back only to change the style) javascript would be the best solution...

<script>
function ChangeStyle()
{
document.getElementById("ContentCell").className = "TopBorder0";
}
</script>

calling this client side function on button click will change the style

David Wier

I just tried:
ContentCell.Attributes.Add("class","TopBorder2")
in Page_load, but it didn't render to the page...

what am I missing?