Strange Databinding problem....

Guest

Hello,

In my ASP.net page, I have several rows and columns of dropdown boxes.
I have a 'New Line' button in the same page, which adds a new row of
dropdowns to the existing one.
When this new row is added, I am copying the values in the last row to the
new dropdowns in the
new row. (This means I take the selected value from the existing dropdowns
and set this as the
selected value in the new dropdown boxes).

Actually in the code I just take the dataset in the existing control in the
page and I am adding one more datarow to it. The job of selecting the correct
value from the dropdownlist values is done by that control class's databind
function.

Everything works fine if I click the 'New Line' button not very fast. The
problem comes when I click
this button several times, fastly- the data in the new rows are not correct.
In normal case, the
selected values will be same as that of the existing rows, but in this case,
the first value in the drop
down list is shown as the selected value.

I'm sorry if my question isn't clear, but from what you can make out, Cud u
pls tell me why this is happening so?

Is there a way to prevent this kind of several fast postbacks from the page?

Thanks In Advance!
Katrin