Strange email address

Crimarc

why and how can people here have weird email addresses ?? I tried to
change mine too but that's impossible!!

Thank you

Niels Dybdahl

why and how can people here have weird email addresses ?? I tried to
change mine too but that's impossible!!

No, it is not impossible. You can enter any email address you want.
How should any software know what your correct email address is ?

Niels Dybdahl

Rolf Magnus

Niels said:
No, it is not impossible. You can enter any email address you want.
How should any software know what your correct email address is ?

The mail servers of some internet providers will just overwrite whatever
email address you put in the From: field. Maybe there are news servers that
do the same.

Will Twentyman

Crimarc said:
why and how can people here have weird email addresses ?? I tried to
change mine too but that's impossible!!

First step: don't use google for posting. Google enforces correct email
addresses as part of how it identifies you. Other usenet sources do not
require that. I pay $9.95 for copper.net internet access, including
usenet feeds, and post with Thunderbird. That is just one combination
to get the effect you see.