    why and how can people here have weird email addresses ?? I tried to
    change mine too but that's impossible!!

    Thank you

    Crimarc, Mar 8, 2005

  2. > why and how can people here have weird email addresses ?? I tried to
    > change mine too but that's impossible!!

    No, it is not impossible. You can enter any email address you want.
    How should any software know what your correct email address is ?

    Niels Dybdahl

    Niels Dybdahl, Mar 8, 2005

  3. Crimarc

    Rolf Magnus Guest

    Niels Dybdahl wrote:

    >> why and how can people here have weird email addresses ?? I tried to
    >> change mine too but that's impossible!!

    > No, it is not impossible. You can enter any email address you want.
    > How should any software know what your correct email address is ?

    The mail servers of some internet providers will just overwrite whatever
    email address you put in the From: field. Maybe there are news servers that
    do the same.

    Rolf Magnus, Mar 8, 2005
  4. Crimarc wrote:
    > why and how can people here have weird email addresses ?? I tried to
    > change mine too but that's impossible!!

    First step: don't use google for posting. Google enforces correct email
    addresses as part of how it identifies you. Other usenet sources do not
    require that. I pay $9.95 for copper.net internet access, including
    usenet feeds, and post with Thunderbird. That is just one combination
    to get the effect you see.

    --
    Will Twentyman
    email: wtwentyman at copper dot net