Strange error message at client

Robert Wehofer

Hello!

I would like to do database change on a web page created with ASP.NET.

As soon as I click on Update in a datagrid web control, I get following
error message:

Unable to find script library
'/asp_client/system_web/1_0_3705_288/WebUIValidation.js'. Try placing this
file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regiis -c'.

I must say, that this file does exist in the path shown in the error
message. Insofar the error message is very strange.

Which are the reasons for the error? Could it be, that some ASP.NET sites
use a SmartNavigation or are the security settings at client to high?

Regards,
Robert

Chris Jackson

Try running aspnet_regiis on the web site you are using. This is a
client-side error that is triggered by the file not being there, at least
from the client's perspective, so that's a good place to start.