    Any reason why this should occur? Is this related to the SunWS_cache in anyway?

    Thanks,
    Arnab

    Arnab Nandi, Aug 19, 2004

  2. Arnab Nandi

    Marc Guest

    Arnab Nandi wrote:

    > CC -g -xsb -c -o output/x.o x.cpp
    > CC: language sb not recognized
    > CC: x.cpp: linker input file unused because linking not done

    Are you sure CC is Sun's compiler and not a symlink to g++?

    Marc, Aug 19, 2004

  3. Arnab Nandi

    Rolf Magnus Guest

    Arnab Nandi wrote:

    > We are using the Sun Workshop 6 C++ compiler to compile some CPP
    > files.
    >
    > The command line looks like follows: -
    >
    > CC -g -xsb -c -o output/x.o x.cpp
    >
    > We get the following error: -
    >
    > CC: language sb not recognized
    > CC: x.cpp: linker input file unused because linking not done
    >
    > Any reason why this should occur? Is this related to the SunWS_cache
    > in anyway?

    I have no idea about the Sun compiler, and it's actually off-topic here,
    but is it possible that -x is (just like in g++) the command line
    argument for explicitly specifying the programming language of the
    input file? And your compiler doesn't seem to know a programming
    language called "sb".

    Rolf Magnus, Aug 19, 2004
  4. Arnab Nandi

    Arnab Nandi Guest

    Marc <> wrote in message news:<cg20aa$120q$>...
    > Arnab Nandi wrote:
    >
    > > CC -g -xsb -c -o output/x.o x.cpp
    > > CC: language sb not recognized
    > > CC: x.cpp: linker input file unused because linking not done

    > Are you sure CC is Sun's compiler and not a symlink to g++?

    Yes, its Sun's CC. I truncated the line when I posted. Here's the
    original command line:-

    cd /export/home/krkicmp/SpreadAPO;
    /opt/SUNWspro/bin/../WS6U2/bin/dmake -f Makefile.krkicmp.SpreadAPO -m
    serial project

    /opt/SUNWspro/bin/../WS6U2/bin/CC -g -xsb -c -o output/APOBS.o
    APOBS.cpp
    CC: language sb not recognized
    CC: APOBS.cpp: linker input file unused because linking not done
    /opt/SUNWspro/bin/../WS6U2/bin/CC -g -xsb -c -o
    output/AbstractFunction.o AbstractFunction.cpp
    CC: language sb not recognized
    CC: AbstractFunction.cpp: linker input file unused because linking not
    done
    /opt/SUNWspro/bin/../WS6U2/bin/CC -g -xsb -c -o
    output/MargrabeBS.o MargrabeBS.cpp
    CC: language sb not recognized
    CC: MargrabeBS.cpp: linker input file unused because linking not done
    /opt/SUNWspro/bin/../WS6U2/bin/CC -g -xsb -c -o
    output/RootSearch.o RootSearch.cpp
    CC: language sb not recognized

    Arnab Nandi, Aug 20, 2004
  5. Arnab Nandi

    Marc Guest

    Arnab Nandi wrote:

    >>> CC -g -xsb -c -o output/x.o x.cpp
    >>> CC: language sb not recognized
    >>> CC: x.cpp: linker input file unused because linking not done

    >> Are you sure CC is Sun's compiler and not a symlink to g++?

    > Yes, its Sun's CC. I truncated the line when I posted. Here's the
    > original command line:-
    >
    > /opt/SUNWspro/bin/../WS6U2/bin/CC -g -xsb -c -o output/APOBS.o
    > APOBS.cpp
    > CC: language sb not recognized
    > CC: APOBS.cpp: linker input file unused because linking not done

    These really are gcc messages... I can't see how you can get them
    here...

    Could you try /opt/SUNWspro/bin/../WS6U2/bin/CC -V or the same thing
    with --version instead of -V? Then you should try comp.sys.solaris.

    Marc, Aug 21, 2004
  6. Arnab Nandi

    Marc Guest

    Marc wrote: