    Regards,
    Martin Knopp
    fecher GmbH

    Martin Knopp, Jan 25, 2004

  2. "Martin Knopp" <> wrote in news:GGVQb.304173$Tz1.135851
    @news.chello.at:

    It means that somewhere in the content you are sending back are some http://
    referendces instead of https:// references. You need to make all images, and
    other external type links https://

    Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu, Jan 25, 2004

  3. Martin Knopp

    Martin Knopp Guest

    That would have been easy!

    I checked for this already and the only thing we return is a PDF document.
    Nothing else.

    Today I heard from some source that it might be a problem of IE. I will have
    to further investigate this probably.

    Any other ideas/hints?

    --
    Martin Knopp
    fecher GmbH

    Martin Knopp, Jan 26, 2004
  4. "Martin Knopp" <> wrote in
    > I checked for this already and the only thing we return is a PDF
    > document. Nothing else.

    Does the PDF have any links in it? IE shouldnt see those but..

    Do a view source on the HTML and search for http://

    Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu, Jan 26, 2004
  5. How do you display a PDF?
    Do you return the PDF document with proper content type?
    Or are you displaying the HTML with embeded PDF?

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Jan 26, 2004
  6. Martin Knopp

    Martin Knopp Guest

    I return the PDF with proper contenttype

    code-behind in Page_Load event (C#) looks approximately like this:

    Response.Clear();
    Response.ContentType = "appilcation/pdf";
    Response.WriteFile( <local path to PDF document> );
    Response.End();

    Regards,
    Martin Knopp
    fecher GmbH
    http://www.fecher.at

    Martin Knopp, Jan 27, 2004
  7. Martin Knopp

    Hermit Dave Guest

    go to aspx page you are using for downloads and check to see if in html view
    you see any html / aspx elements (if yes remove them)
    because when you call Response.Flush they will not be cleared unless you
    have default Buffer = true applicable across

    a better option for downloads is to use ashx... it httphandler you... they
    do offer a performance boost of around 5 - 10%

    --
    Regards,
    HD

    Hermit Dave, Jan 29, 2004