Strange Errors...Don't Understand

Guest

I recently implemented error processing on my .net website, where I send
myself an email from global.asax on an application error. In the last two
days I have gotten a "The file '/detail.aspx' does not exits" type
error--with two different file names. In both cases, I searched my entire
source for the '/detail.aspx' reference and it doesn't exist.

What could be causing this error? Text of error email I sent to myself
follows....

The file '/detail.aspx' does not exist.

System.Web.HttpException: The file '/detail.aspx' does not exist. at
System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath virtualPath) at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath
virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean
allowBuildInPrecompile) at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext
context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp,
Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath
virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath
virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean
allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) at
System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String
requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) at
System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpHandlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext
context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) at
System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String
requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)
at
System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
completedSynchronously)

Guest

Juan,

Thank you. It was the "click" I needed. My old version of my site had the
named files on which I see the errors. If someone had a saved bookmark to
one of my old pages, this is the error I see. All I have to do is handle the
404 error with a separate error page, and tell the originator to update their
bookmarks.

Paul