Strange exception

Guest

Copied from microsoft.public.cmserver.general
(http://communities2.microsoft.com/c...eral&mid=68d413a9-0f0e-458c-b913-756f24b06d79)

Hello,

When i try to create a new page from a new template i get the exception below.
Anyone have any directions on what i should look for?
The template path is correct and the project compiles ok.
When i run the project in debug no breakpoints in my template are hit.

/Johan

Exception: System.Web.HttpException
Message: External component has thrown an exception.
Source: System.Web
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean
fCreateIfNotFound)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWithNewConfigPath()
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem()
at
System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetParserCacheItem(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstanceInternal(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context,
String requestType, String url, String path)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String
requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)
at
System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
completedSynchronously)

Nested Exception

Exception: System.Web.HttpCompileException
Message: External component has thrown an exception.
Source: System.Web
at
System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.ThrowIfCompilerErrors(CompilerResults
results, CodeDomProvider codeProvider, CodeCompileUnit sourceData, String
sourceFile, String sourceString)
at System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.GetCompiledType()
at System.Web.UI.PageParser.CompileIntoType()
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemThroughCompilation()

Paul Glavich [MVP - ASP.NET]

I know this probably doesn't help much, but I see this kind of exception all
the time when using the CSK. The CSK throws these exceptions as part of its
normal operation and continues on as per normal. I have a routine which
emails me exception details from a CSK site and I receive an email for
almost every page visited by a user.