Strange Extension Module Behavior

Jeremy Moles

Hey guys. I have an extension module written in C that abstracts and
simplifies a lot of what we do here. I'm observing some strange behavior
and wanted to know if anyone had any advice as to how I should start
tracking this down. More specific suggestions are obviously appreciated,
but I really don't have a lot of information to provide so I'm not
hoping for a lot. :)

The module works 100% of the time if I run it non-interactively.
However, any attempt to run it in the "interactive" python interpreter
fails, in some cases silently and in other cases raising exceptions that
really shouldn't be appearing.

Anyways, I guess the core issue here is:

What could cause an extension module to work within a script
and not interactively? Are there fundamental issues with the
standard Python infrastructure I'm not grasping?