Strange file access

Mr Seth T

I have an .NET 2.0 web application that I am using to create, read,
encrypt, and delete an XML file. It all works great when I am testing
it on the local machine that I am using as a web server, in debug and
release using impersonation, but when I use a different computer to log
on to the same page, using the same user id, it returns with an
UnauthorizedAccessException saying that I do not have access to the
file. The file is not on either machine. The path I use is
mapped as z:\f<folder>\<folder>\setup.xml , but when I use the machine
that is running IIS, neither paths gave me any trouble at all. I have
also checked System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent()
while using both and, as far as I can tell, they are identical except
that the one ran from the IIS machine has the extra group "LOCAL", and
the remote attempts don't, but that seems unimportant. (at least I
hope it is because I have tried to add the current user to the role
"LOCAL", but can't get it to work)

Any help anyone can share would be greatly appreciated, I thank you in
advance.

-Seth

Mike Brind

Mr said:
I have an .NET 2.0 web application

<snip>

Try a dotnet group: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

This group is for classic ASP which is a totally different technology.