Strange file access

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Mr Seth T, Jul 19, 2006.

  1. Mr Seth T

    Mr Seth T Guest

    I have an .NET 2.0 web application that I am using to create, read,
    encrypt, and delete an XML file. It all works great when I am testing
    it on the local machine that I am using as a web server, in debug and
    release using impersonation, but when I use a different computer to log
    on to the same page, using the same user id, it returns with an
    UnauthorizedAccessException saying that I do not have access to the
    file. The file is not on either machine. The path I use is
    mapped as z:\f<folder>\<folder>\setup.xml , but when I use the machine
    that is running IIS, neither paths gave me any trouble at all. I have
    also checked System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent()
    while using both and, as far as I can tell, they are identical except
    that the one ran from the IIS machine has the extra group "LOCAL", and
    the remote attempts don't, but that seems unimportant. (at least I
    hope it is because I have tried to add the current user to the role
    "LOCAL", but can't get it to work)

    Any help anyone can share would be greatly appreciated, I thank you in
    advance.

    -Seth

    Mr Seth T, Jul 19, 2006

  2. Mr Seth T

    Mike Brind Guest

    Mr Seth T wrote:
    > I have an .NET 2.0 web application

    <snip>

    Try a dotnet group: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

    This group is for classic ASP which is a totally different technology.

    --
    Mike Brind

    Mike Brind, Jul 19, 2006

  3. Mr Seth T