    the situation and show it top 2 bottom. it is 100% valid html4.01 with
    doctype. can anyone help me??

    thomas
    Thomas Jollans, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Thomas Jollans

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Thomas Jollans wrote:
    > look at the page http://jollybox.de/pfadi/wanderfalken.php . It looks
    > very strange in Opera 7.11 winxp and ie6.

    It's way too complex with all those (nested) tables and divs.
    Start with a layout with 3 div boxes. Something like:

    <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
    <title>Test</title>
    div{border:1px solid;}
    #head{border-color:red;}
    #content{margin-left:21ex;border-color:green;}
    #menu{width:20ex;float:left;border-color:blue;}

    Good luck,
    Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Jan 31, 2004

  3. Thomas Jollans wrote:
    > look at the page http://jollybox.de/pfadi/wanderfalken.php . It looks
    > very strange in Opera 7.11 winxp and ie6. it looks the way it looks in
    > moz. screenshot: http://jollybox.de/snapshot1.png (moz). If I use
    > style="float:right" instead of align=right then opera and ie just ignore
    > the situation and show it top 2 bottom. it is 100% valid html4.01 with
    > doctype. can anyone help me??
    >
    > thomas

    i somehow fixed that page, but http://jollybox.de/pfadi/fuehrer.php is
    the same code (well, the text is different), but looks dreadful (in
    ie&opera)! can anyone explain this?

    thomas
    Thomas Jollans, Jan 31, 2004
  4. Thomas Jollans

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Thomas Jollans wrote:
    > i somehow fixed that page, but http://jollybox.de/pfadi/fuehrer.php is
    > the same code (well, the text is different), but looks dreadful (in
    > ie&opera)! can anyone explain this?

    Same problems as in the other page. Keep it simple.
    Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Jan 31, 2004
  5. Thomas Jollans

    rf Guest

    "Nico Schuyt" <> wrote in message
    > Thomas Jollans wrote:
    > > i somehow fixed that page, but http://jollybox.de/pfadi/fuehrer.php is
    > > the same code (well, the text is different), but looks dreadful (in
    > > ie&opera)! can anyone explain this?

    > Same problems as in the other page. Keep it simple.

    <grin> You forgot the last S in KISS </grin>

    > Nico

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Jan 31, 2004
  6. Thomas Jollans

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    rf wrote:
    > "Nico Schuyt" wrote
    >> Thomas Jollans wrote:
    >>> i somehow fixed that page, but http://jollybox.de/pfadi/fuehrer.php
    >>> is the same code (well, the text is different), but looks dreadful
    >>> (in ie&opera)! can anyone explain this?

    >> Same problems as in the other page. Keep it simple.

    > <grin> You forgot the last S in KISS </grin>

    Next time he shows such a mess I'll add that :)
    Regards, Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Jan 31, 2004