Strange form problem

Glenn Alcott

I'm having a really wierd problem with a simple form on an HTML page.
It's just 3 text boxes and a submit button. It displays correctly but
it doesn't accept any input. When you type into the boxes, nothing
appears. I had a couple of people try it with the same result. When I
pull out the form code into its own separate page, it works fine. I've
never seen anything like this before. Anyone have a clue? Thanks.

Glenn

Matt-The-Hoople

In Glenn Alcott <[email protected]> walked into the bar with a grape in
each nostril and said to the bartender:
:: I'm having a really wierd problem with a simple form on an HTML page.
:: It's just 3 text boxes and a submit button. It displays correctly but
:: it doesn't accept any input. When you type into the boxes, nothing
:: appears. I had a couple of people try it with the same result. When I
:: pull out the form code into its own separate page, it works fine.
:: I've never seen anything like this before. Anyone have a clue?
:: Thanks.
::
:: Glenn

I think your problem has to do with a missing URL.

Just a guess.

-- Matt

Glenn Alcott

Matt,

I have no idea what you mean by that. A missing URL where? Please explain
further.

Glenn

David Dorward

Glenn said:
Matt,

I have no idea what you mean by that. A missing URL where? Please explain
further.

It is hard to troubleshoot unless you show us the code. The best way to do
this is with a URL to it (since then we know its is the SAME code and we
don't need to spend OUR time recreating your page).

Please do not toppost:

Nik Coughin

Glenn said:

Your JavaScript is retarded. Looks like everytime you give a text box focus
it takes it away again. Shoot the person who wrote the script (or more
likely copied and pasted the script in). It only does this in IE BTW, not
in Mozilla or Opera. Also, if I disable JavaScript in IE the form works
fine. I don't know which piece of script does it, I can't be bothered going
through it all. The whole page is needlessly complex and none of the
scripts serve any real purpose.

Glenn Alcott

Nik Coughin said:
Your JavaScript is retarded. Looks like everytime you give a text box focus
it takes it away again. Shoot the person who wrote the script (or more
likely copied and pasted the script in). It only does this in IE BTW, not
in Mozilla or Opera. Also, if I disable JavaScript in IE the form works
fine. I don't know which piece of script does it, I can't be bothered going
through it all. The whole page is needlessly complex and none of the
scripts serve any real purpose.
I didn't create the original page or the Javascript. I believe it's from
Dreamweaver.
But your comment about losing focus gave me a clue and I found the problem.
in the <body> tag there was this bit of code: onClick="self.focus()".
When I removed it the page worked fine. Thanks for help, even if it was
inadvertent.

Glenn

marcus

I'm having a really wierd problem with a simple form on an HTML page.
It's just 3 text boxes and a submit button. It displays correctly but
it doesn't accept any input.

You have <form ...> but no </form>

Your <font> code is also not consistent.