    pull out the form code into its own separate page, it works fine. I've
    never seen anything like this before. Anyone have a clue? Thanks.

    Glenn

    Glenn Alcott, Oct 21, 2004

  2. In news:,
    Glenn Alcott <> walked into the bar with a grape in
    each nostril and said to the bartender:
    :: I'm having a really wierd problem with a simple form on an HTML page.
    :: It's just 3 text boxes and a submit button. It displays correctly but
    :: it doesn't accept any input. When you type into the boxes, nothing
    :: appears. I had a couple of people try it with the same result. When I
    :: pull out the form code into its own separate page, it works fine.
    :: I've never seen anything like this before. Anyone have a clue?
    :: Thanks.
    ::
    :: Glenn

    I think your problem has to do with a missing URL.

    Just a guess.

    -- Matt

    Matt-The-Hoople, Oct 21, 2004

  3. Glenn Alcott

    Glenn Alcott Guest

    Matt,

    I have no idea what you mean by that. A missing URL where? Please explain
    further.

    Glenn

    Glenn Alcott, Oct 21, 2004
  4. Glenn Alcott

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Glenn Alcott said:

    > I'm having a really wierd problem

    story of my life.

    > with a simple form on an HTML page.

    <looks around for URL/>

    > Anyone have a clue?

    <looks around for clue/>

    --

    v o i c e s

    brucie, Oct 21, 2004
  5. Glenn Alcott wrote:

    > Matt,
    >
    > I have no idea what you mean by that. A missing URL where? Please explain
    > further.

    It is hard to troubleshoot unless you show us the code. The best way to do
    this is with a URL to it (since then we know its is the SAME code and we
    don't need to spend OUR time recreating your page).

    Please do not toppost:

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Oct 21, 2004
  6. Glenn Alcott

    Glenn Alcott Guest

    "David Dorward" <> wrote in message
    > Glenn Alcott wrote:
    >
    > > Matt,
    > >
    > > I have no idea what you mean by that. A missing URL where? Please

    explain
    > > further.

    > It is hard to troubleshoot unless you show us the code. The best way to do
    > this is with a URL to it (since then we know its is the SAME code and we
    > don't need to spend OUR time recreating your page).
    >
    > Please do not toppost:
    > http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

    > Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    Sorry! The page is at:
    http://costguard.stormhosts.com/support2.htm

    Glenn

    Glenn Alcott, Oct 21, 2004
  7. Glenn Alcott wrote:

    > Sorry! The page is at:
    > http://costguard.stormhosts.com/support2.htm

    I don't experience the problem you described, but please read
    <http://diveintomark.org/archives/2003/05/05/why_we_wont_help_you>

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Oct 21, 2004
  8. Glenn Alcott

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Glenn Alcott wrote:
    > "David Dorward" <> wrote in message
    >> Glenn Alcott wrote:
    >>
    >>> Matt,
    >>>
    >>> I have no idea what you mean by that. A missing URL where? Please
    >>> explain further.

    >> It is hard to troubleshoot unless you show us the code. The best way
    >> to do this is with a URL to it (since then we know its is the SAME
    >> code and we don't need to spend OUR time recreating your page).
    >>
    >> Please do not toppost:
    >> http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post
    >>
    >> --
    >> David Dorward <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/>
    >> <http://dorward.me.uk/> Home is where the
    >> ~/.bashrc is

    > Sorry! The page is at:
    > http://costguard.stormhosts.com/support2.htm
    >
    > Glenn

    Your JavaScript is retarded. Looks like everytime you give a text box focus
    it takes it away again. Shoot the person who wrote the script (or more
    likely copied and pasted the script in). It only does this in IE BTW, not
    in Mozilla or Opera. Also, if I disable JavaScript in IE the form works
    fine. I don't know which piece of script does it, I can't be bothered going
    through it all. The whole page is needlessly complex and none of the
    scripts serve any real purpose.

    Nik Coughin, Oct 21, 2004
  9. Glenn Alcott

    Glenn Alcott Guest

    "Nik Coughin" <nrkn!no-spam!@woosh.co.nz> wrote in message
    > Glenn Alcott wrote:
    > > "David Dorward" <> wrote in message

    > >> It is hard to troubleshoot unless you show us the code. The best way
    > >> to do this is with a URL to it (since then we know its is the SAME
    > >> code and we don't need to spend OUR time recreating your page).
    > >>
    > >> Please do not toppost:
    > >> http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> David Dorward <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/>
    > >> <http://dorward.me.uk/> Home is where the
    > >> ~/.bashrc is

    > > Sorry! The page is at:
    > > http://costguard.stormhosts.com/support2.htm
    > >
    > > Glenn

    > Your JavaScript is retarded. Looks like everytime you give a text box

    focus
    > it takes it away again. Shoot the person who wrote the script (or more
    > likely copied and pasted the script in). It only does this in IE BTW, not
    > in Mozilla or Opera. Also, if I disable JavaScript in IE the form works
    > fine. I don't know which piece of script does it, I can't be bothered

    going
    > through it all. The whole page is needlessly complex and none of the
    > scripts serve any real purpose.

    I didn't create the original page or the Javascript. I believe it's from
    Dreamweaver.
    But your comment about losing focus gave me a clue and I found the problem.
    in the <body> tag there was this bit of code: onClick="self.focus()".
    When I removed it the page worked fine. Thanks for help, even if it was
    inadvertent.

    Glenn

    Glenn Alcott, Oct 21, 2004
  10. Glenn Alcott

    Guest

    On 21 Oct 2004 12:31:33 -0700, (Glenn Alcott) wrote:

    >I'm having a really wierd problem with a simple form on an HTML page.
    >It's just 3 text boxes and a submit button. It displays correctly but
    >it doesn't accept any input.

    You have <form ...> but no </form>

    Your <font> code is also not consistent.

    , Oct 22, 2004