Strange Jar File Error message

David

Hello there,

I Made a small Application in Netbeans recently, compiled it and went to
fun the jar file through command line and I get this message, Can anyone
help me find the issue?

Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\CurrentVersion'
has value '1.5', but '1.3' is required.
Error: could not find java.dll
Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment.
Press any key to continue . . .

I can't see why on earth that the jar file would want the 1.3 version,
because I've never installed that version, and my computer has only just
been recently reformated, the oldest version of the JRE on my Comp is
1.5.0_05.

Any help, most appreciated

Cheers.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

David said:
Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\CurrentVersion'
has value '1.5', but '1.3' is required.
Error: could not find java.dll
Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment.
Press any key to continue . . .

I can't see why on earth that the jar file would want the 1.3 version,
because I've never installed that version, and my computer has only just
been recently reformated, the oldest version of the JRE on my Comp is
1.5.0_05.

I think that error indicates that:
- you do not have Java 1.3 registry variables
- you are executing Java 1.3 java.exe or javaw.exe

Arne

Thomas Kellerer

David wrote on 13.08.2006 10:41:
Hello there,

I Made a small Application in Netbeans recently, compiled it and went to
fun the jar file through command line and I get this message, Can anyone
help me find the issue?

Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\CurrentVersion'
has value '1.5', but '1.3' is required.
Error: could not find java.dll
Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment.
Press any key to continue . . .

I can't see why on earth that the jar file would want the 1.3 version,
because I've never installed that version, and my computer has only just
been recently reformated, the oldest version of the JRE on my Comp is
1.5.0_05.

This seems more like a Java installation problem, than a jar file problem.

I'm a bit surprised though, that java.exe is actually scanning the registry. I
have done lots of "installs" where I simply unziped an archive and ran java.exe
(or javaw.exe) from the commandline.

What is the exact command you were using?

Thomas