Strange parse error calling ASP.Net WebService

Guest

By making a call to a webservice I receive the following error page, we did a
complete new build but the error still exist:

The installation of the webservice is on an win 2003 standard service pack 1
server.

Server Error in '/BackupAgentServices' Application.

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: The check of the module's hash failed for file
'System.EnterpriseServices.Thunk.dll'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs"
Inherits="BAWebService2.Global" %>

Source File: C:\Program Files\BackupAgent Server
2006\BackupAgentServices\global.asax Line: 1

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hello Rvangeldrop,

From your description, you have an ASP.NET web service project which is
reporting the following exception at startup time on a windows 2003
server/sp1 box, correct?

====================
Parser Error Message: The check of the module's hash failed for file
'System.EnterpriseServices.Thunk.dll'.
====================

Based on my experience, since the project is built without problem and the
error occurs at very begining of the appilcation's startup time(intialize
global.asax), it is likely an environment specific issue. Before we perform
detailed troubleshooting, I'd like to confirm the following things:

** Is the webservice project developed upon .net framework 1.1/vs2003 or
..net framework 2.0/vs 2005

** Before deploying on the windows 2003 server/sp1, is it being developed
on another box and works without any problem on it?

** Though the problem is specific to the windows 2003 server machine, you
can still create a very simple webservcie project and test it on the
problem server to see whether the problems also ocurs.

I've also searched some former issues with similar symtom, however, seems
the cause are not quite matching your case. So we need to do some general
problem isolation tests first.

Please feel free to let me know if there is any new finding or any question
you wonder.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

ications.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hello Rvangeldrop,

How are you doing on this issue, have you got any progress or does the
suggestion in my last reply helps some?

If there is anything else we can help, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

Guest

the solution was to completely reinstall the server. Appearently some HP
server went bad and this was one of them.

So the problem was at HP for some reason.... At least that was what the
customer told me.