Strange problem and I'm stuck

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by GeezerButler, Feb 25, 2007.

  1. GeezerButler

    GeezerButler Guest

    I'm trying to implement a control designer for my web composite
    control.
    According to what i read at msdn, i am supposed to inherit my class
    from System.Web.UI.Design.ControlDesigner.

    Now, in my code when i try to write this:
    public class MyDesigner : System.Web.UI.Design.ControlDesigner
    i get the error
    The type or namespace name 'ControlDesigner' does not exist in the
    namespace 'System.Web.UI.Design'

    Intellisense does not show any class under the 'System.Web.UI.Design'
    namespace. It only shows another namespace called MobileControls.

    I have the System.Web dll referenced in my project. Also, the using
    System.Web.UI.Design statement does not throw any error.

    So the only possibility that seems left to me is that of a corrupt
    dll?
    I am terribly stuck.

    Any help would be really appreciated.
    Thanks
    GeezerButler, Feb 25, 2007

  2. GeezerButler

    GeezerButler Guest

    On Feb 26, 3:28 am, "GeezerButler" <> wrote:
    > I'm trying to implement a control designer for my web composite
    > control.
    > According to what i read at msdn, i am supposed to inherit my class
    > from System.Web.UI.Design.ControlDesigner.
    >
    > Now, in my code when i try to write this:
    > public class MyDesigner : System.Web.UI.Design.ControlDesigner
    > i get the error
    > The type or namespace name 'ControlDesigner' does not exist in the
    > namespace 'System.Web.UI.Design'
    >
    > Intellisense does not show any class under the 'System.Web.UI.Design'
    > namespace. It only shows another namespace called MobileControls.
    >
    > I have the System.Web dll referenced in my project. Also, the using
    > System.Web.UI.Design statement does not throw any error.
    >
    > So the only possibility that seems left to me is that of a corrupt
    > dll?
    > I am terribly stuck.
    >
    > Any help would be really appreciated.
    > Thanks

    Hmm, I should try the search buton before i post anything.

    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...=System.Web.UI.Design&rnum=1#9feb44df01c423a0
    GeezerButler, Feb 25, 2007