Strange Problem - ASP Page failing to display

Graeme Wood

I have an ASP page hosted on a windows 2003 server.

This page was working fine until Saturday. Now, the server doesn't
serve it and gives a 404 page not found error. The file DEFINITELY
exists in the correct folder (it worked fine previous to now).

I have tested the page on our in house server, which is a Windows 2000
server and the page works fine. I have exported the database data and
tables which are necessary to the 2000 server and again it works fine,
so I don't think it is any data in the database which is causing it.

We serve many other sites off this server, and the asp works fine on
all of them, and throughout the rest of this particualr site which is
causing the problems.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Graeme

Jeff Dillon

Create a one-line test.asp in the same folder. Does it work?

Try accessing via the servername, domain name, and IP address in the URL.

Jeff

Graeme Wood

Hi thanks for your help everyone but none of those solutions worked.

I don';t think I explained myself correctly. This particular page was
working fine, running off the 2003 server for a couple of months.
There are other ASP pages within the folder which this problem page
resides in which work fine. Suddenly for some reason this page has
stopped working and throws up a 404 error.

I am sure it is something to do with Windows 2003 server as I've
pretty much ruled out anything else causing the problem by exporting
the database and testing the exact same file on a 2000 server, with
the exact same data.

Thanks anyway,

Graeme

Mark Schupp

Did you try using IIS manager to look at the site to see if the file
appears? If it appears try right-click and "browse"? What error shows then?

Jeff Dillon

What do you mean none worked? Did a test.asp page display correctly or not?
Did you try renaming the problem page to then to test.asp? Cut out all the
code in the problem page..still error?

Jeff