strange problem - different encoding linux windows in xslt

Discussion in 'XML' started by matatu, Oct 27, 2004.

  1. matatu

    matatu Guest

    Hi to all,

    my program java applies some trasforms xslt to a file xml using the
    attribute encoding = "ISO-8859-1": it work fine under windows xp, but if
    I run the program on a pc with redhat ES the file output it contains '?'
    to the place of the accented characters...

    I apply the trasforms like following:

    tFactory = TransformerFactory.newInstance();
    transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(new
    javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamSource(arrayXslt[0]));
    transformer.transform(new
    javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamSource(finput),new
    javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamResult (new
    FileOutputStream(arrayOut[0])));

    I hope to have been clear...

    thank you for any suggestion
    Mark