strange problem with images

Discussion in 'HTML' started by chlori, Dec 1, 2004.

  1. chlori

    chlori Guest

    Hi

    Problem site:
    http://www.alz-maschinen.ch/vorschlag7/

    About 1h ago I was using another PC (my fathers) with
    IE6 and Firefox 1.0 (WinXP):
    • I couldn't see the images on the right with either
    browser (The image tags were completely missing in the
    code)
    • I checked if there was an image blocker(FF): no
    • When I put the url of one of the missing images in
    the address bar, it showed the image normally
    • On an older version of the site I could see the
    images: http://www.alz-maschinen.ch/vorschlag4/
    • The site isn't using javascript
    • I haven't been changing the site since yesterday evening
    • I never opened the site on that PC before, so it
    can't be a cache problem...

    What's wrong? Is there something wrong with the site or
    server or could that be some kind of user setting?

    Thanks
    chlori
    chlori, Dec 1, 2004

  2. chlori

    Guest

    On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:44:58 +0100, chlori <chlori@.invalid> wrote:

    >What's wrong? Is there something wrong with the site or
    >server or could that be some kind of user setting?

    Looks fine on this end in FF 1.0.

    regards
    Marcus
    , Dec 1, 2004

  3. chlori

    mscir Guest

    wrote:

    > On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:44:58 +0100, chlori <chlori@.invalid> wrote:
    >
    > >What's wrong? Is there something wrong with the site or
    > >server or could that be some kind of user setting?

    > Looks fine on this end in FF 1.0.
    > regards
    > Marcus

    Looks great in FF1, Mozilla 1.7.3, IE6, Netscape 7.2 here too (Win98 SE).

    Does your father's computer use an ad-blocker (like Naviscope) that
    might be blocking the images, thinking they're advertisements?
    Mike
    mscir, Dec 1, 2004