strange problem with nonblocking sockets

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by anki, Feb 28, 2005.

  1. anki

    anki Guest

    hi

    I am getting a strange problem when using non-blocking sockets. I
    have a application which listens on port 3333. Now i try to connect to
    it. connection is succesful. No problem.
    But when i start the client first and then the server, server is not
    able to bind on port 3333.
    when i did netstat -a | grep 3333
    tcp 0 0 lab123.exl:3333 lab123.exl:3333 ESTABLISHED

    I am working on Red hat linux.

    Thanks in advance

    bye
    anki

    anki, Feb 28, 2005

  2. anki wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > I am getting a strange problem when using non-blocking sockets. I
    > have a application which listens on port 3333. Now i try to connect to
    > it. connection is succesful. No problem.
    > But when i start the client first and then the server, server is not
    > able to bind on port 3333.
    > when i did netstat -a | grep 3333
    > tcp 0 0 lab123.exl:3333 lab123.exl:3333 ESTABLISHED
    >
    > I am working on Red hat linux.
    >

    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > bye
    > anki

    Since this is not a language issue, I believe
    you will get better knowledge from a Linux or
    unix newsgroup. Read the FAQs and welcome.txt
    below for newsgroup ideas.

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message:
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
    Other sites:

    Thomas Matthews, Feb 28, 2005

  3. anki

    -berlin.de Guest

    anki <> wrote:
    > I am getting a strange problem when using non-blocking sockets. I
    > have a application which listens on port 3333. Now i try to connect to
    > it. connection is succesful. No problem.
    > But when i start the client first and then the server, server is not
    > able to bind on port 3333.
    > when i did netstat -a | grep 3333
    > tcp 0 0 lab123.exl:3333 lab123.exl:3333 ESTABLISHED

    > I am working on Red hat linux.

    Since sockets aren't part of standard C but extensions for your
    OS you better post this in either comp.os.linux.development.apps
    or in comp.unix.programmer.
    Regards, Jens
    --
    \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___ -berlin.de

    -berlin.de, Feb 28, 2005
  4. anki

    Guest

    Thanks for the pointers jens. I will post it there

    , Mar 1, 2005