Strange Problem

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Jack, Mar 9, 2005.

  1. Jack

    Jack Guest

    I am trying to debug a if else statement by using the following lines of code

    Response.Write RSreccountCurrentExpense("reccount") & "<br>"

    If RSreccountCurrentExpense("reccount") < 1 Then
    Response.Write "Good"
    Response.End

    For a particular record,I can see that the if staement condition is satisfed
    and hence the if statement should be executed.

    However, if I comment out Response.End statment to let the whole code
    execute I am getting
    the error message as shown below. The error message shows that the else
    statment is
    getting executed and not the if. Once the if statement condition is
    satisfied, only the
    if statement should be executed and not the else. Cannot figure out why this
    is happening.
    Any insight to the problem is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards

    ERROR MESSAGE:
    Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested
    operation requires a current record.
    /gwisbrandnewready6/mainreportagain1.asp, line 745

    CODE:

    RSreccountCurrentExpense.Open "select COUNT(*) AS reccount from
    tblGMISExpenditures_Quarter where SubgrantIntID = " & GrantID & ";"
    Response.Write RSreccountCurrentExpense("reccount") & "<br>"

    If RSreccountCurrentExpense("reccount") < 1 Then
    ' Response.Write "Good"
    ' Response.End
    l_cu_CurrentOutlay = 0

    l_cu_LocalShareOfOutlay = 0

    l_cu_UnpaidObligations = 0

    l_cu_LocalShareUnpaidObligations = 0

    l_cu_OtherProjectIncomeReceived = 0

    l_cu_ForfeitureIncomeReceived = 0

    l_cu_OtherProjectIncomeExpenditures = 0

    l_cu_ForfeitureIncomeExpenditures = 0

    l_cu_InterestIncomeReceivedOnMBCCFunds = 0

    l_Remarks = ""

    l_Name = ""

    l_PersonsTitle = ""

    l_PhoneAreaCode = ""

    l_Phone1 = ""

    l_Phone2 = ""

    l_Date = formatdatetime(date,2)

    l_IsChecked = "off"

    'Note here we need to handle the local variable
    Session("l_cu_c_MBCCShareOfOutlays")
    'which gets saved in the database on a save command issue.
    Session("l_cu_c_MBCCShareOfOutlays") = 0

    Else

    l_cu_CurrentOutlay = RSCurrentExpense.Fields("CurrentOutlay")

    l_c_TotalNetOutlaysToDate = (l_p_TotalOutlay + l_cu_CurrentOutlay)

    l_cu_LocalShareOfOutlay = RSCurrentExpense.Fields("LocalShare")

    l_cu_c_MBCCShareOfOutlays = (l_cu_CurrentOutlay - l_cu_LocalShareOfOutlay)

    'We declare a session variable in order to use this variabel in the
    insertorupdatecurrentexpense.asp
    Session("l_cu_c_MBCCShareOfOutlays") = l_cu_c_MBCCShareOfOutlays

    l_cu_UnpaidObligations = RSCurrentExpense.Fields("UnpaidOblig")

    l_cu_LocalShareUnpaidObligations =
    RSCurrentExpense.Fields("LocalShareUnpaidOblig")

    l_cu_MBCCShareUnpaidObligations = (l_cu_UnpaidObligations -
    l_cu_LocalShareUnpaidObligations)

    l_cu_c_UnobligatedBalanceMBCCFunds = (l_TotalMBCCFundsAuth -
    l_p_c_MBCCShareOutlays - l_cu_c_MBCCShareOfOutlays -
    l_cu_MBCCShareUnpaidObligations)

    'Note: The following field has already been defined earlier and has been
    ' assigned a value. Hence, we do not change anything with this field
    'except for plugging the value in the right place
    'l_TotalLocalMatchAuth
    '-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    l_cu_c_UnobligatedBalanceLocalMatch = (l_TotalLocalMatchAuth -
    l_p_LocalShareOfOutlays - l_cu_LocalShareOfOutlay -
    l_cu_LocalShareUnpaidObligations)

    '------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    'Note: The following field has already been defined earlier and has been
    'assigned a value. Hence, we do not change anything with this field
    'except for plugging the value in the right place
    'l_p_TotalCashDispursed
    '-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    l_cu_c_MBCCCashOnHand = (l_p_TotalCashDispursed -
    l_p_c_MBCCShareOutlays - l_cu_c_MBCCShareOfOutlays)

    l_cu_OtherProjectIncomeReceived = RSCurrentExpense.Fields("ProjectIncome")

    l_cu_ForfeitureIncomeReceived =
    RSCurrentExpense.Fields("ForfeitureIncome")

    l_cu_OtherProjectIncomeExpenditures =
    RSCurrentExpense.Fields("OtherExpense")

    l_cu_ForfeitureIncomeExpenditures =
    RSCurrentExpense.Fields("ForfeitureExpense")

    l_cu_InterestIncomeReceivedOnMBCCFunds =
    RSCurrentExpense.Fields("InterestReceived")

    If l_cu_c_InterestIncomeRefunded > 250 then
    l_cu_c_InterestIncomeRefunded = (l_cu_c_InterestIncomeRefunded - 250)
    Else
    l_cu_c_InterestIncomeRefunded = 0
    End If

    '---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    'Now the contact details are handled

    l_Remarks = RSCurrentExpense.Fields("Remarks")

    l_Name = RSCurrentExpense.Fields("Name")

    l_PersonsTitle = RSCurrentExpense.Fields("Title")

    l_PhoneAreaCode = RSCurrentExpense.Fields("AreaCode")

    l_Phone1 = RSCurrentExpense.Fields("Phone1")

    l_Phone2 = RSCurrentExpense.Fields("Phone2")

    'l_Date = RSCurrentExpense.Fields("Date")
    if isnull(RSCurrentExpense.Fields("Date")) = true then
    l_Date = formatdatetime(date, 2)
    else
    l_Date = RSCurrentExpense.Fields("Date")
    end if

    End If

    l_IsChecked = RSCurrentExpense.Fields("IsChecked") 'This code is added
    to handle the check button

    %>

    Jack, Mar 9, 2005