strange pythoncom.com_error - it only happens once

Rafe

Hi,

I'm getting this error:
# File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py",
line 491, in __getattr__
# raise pythoncom.com_error, details
# COM Error: Unspecified failure - [line 52]

....when my program hits a line of code which I know should work. The
strange thing is, when I run it again in the same python session, it
DOES work (no error is thrown and the expected results occur). Then it
happens again on a later line which also works. If I run the program
again without restarting python, it works all the way through and
forever after.

Any ideas as to what might cause this? An error that is not an error
and only happens once?

I would show examples, but it is application-specific and wouldn't
help. I have been using this application for about 10 years, so i know
my usage is correct (especially since it works most times)

Cheers,

- Rafe

[...]

Forgot to mention I am using win32com.client.dynamic. I'm not sure if
makepy will solve this or not. I need to ask around and find out how
to run it for this application. I tried using pyWin's tool but it
failed. There are 5 or 6 libraries though, so maybe I tried an invalid
one?

- Rafe

Rafe

[...]

I'm still looking for help here. The maker of the application doesn't
recommend using makepy because they want to support multiple version
installation. I'm not sure how to handle this (or even if makepy would
actually solve this).

Has anyone else had to deal with COM instability?

Thanks,
- Rafe