Strange Question

gary.hibbard

Hello everybody,

I have an HTML document with an IFRAME that points to an external
website, for our purposes I will describe this site best as a news site
(ex: news.google.com). My document's function is to automatically
reload the IFRAME at the bottom with the specified URL at a pre-defined
interval. That function works great.

Problem is, I would like to have a function included that checks to see
if anything has been added or changed to the page loaded in the IFRAME
(ex: a new story comes out and news.google.com's page updates). I am
aware that both sites are hosted on different domains and I can't
control the content in the IFRAME. But does anybody know of a way I
can check the file size or some other attribute of the contents of the
IFRAME that would hint that the page loaded within it has changed?

Thanks everybody,
-Gary

Travis Newbury

I have an HTML document with an IFRAME that points to an external
website, for our purposes I will describe this site best as a news site
(ex: news.google.com). My document's function is to automatically
reload the IFRAME at the bottom with the specified URL at a pre-defined
interval. That function works great.
Problem is, I would like to have a function included that checks to see
if anything has been added or changed to the page loaded in the IFRAME...

Look at innerhtml

Disclaimer: It won't work all the time.