Strange SocketTimeoutException

Discussion in 'Java' started by sven abels, Dec 1, 2003.

  1. sven abels

    sven abels Guest

    Hi everybody,
    I got a strange SocketTimedoutException with a JSP-Application I wrote.

    This application wants to grep some contentes from a server and throws an
    exception:
    at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:182)
    [...]

    The sourcecode works with other addresses so I tought it might be a problem
    with the http-address but this address can be reached when using wget or
    lynx
    on the same server.
    Furthermore, the Webapplication works fine with the address on my own
    machine
    and the code itself worked some days before even on this server (I just
    changed a
    completely different file) .
    I already restarted my servlet-container for a couple of times, but that
    didn't change
    thing.

    Can someone give me a tip?

    thanks,