Strange string in XML element

Nikolay Pavlov

Hello all.
Probably the answer is known, but not for me :)
I have a XML response from the external source:

<?xml version=\"1.0\"?>
<response>
<reqn>118962105580</reqn>
<retval>-5</retval>
<retdesc>Неверная
подпись step=7</retdesc>
</response>

Did some one know what the hell is in <retdesc> element and how to convert
it to normal text?

Marcin Raczkowski

Nikolay said:
Hello all.
Probably the answer is known, but not for me :)
I have a XML response from the external source:

<?xml version=\"1.0\"?>
<response>
<reqn>118962105580</reqn>
<retval>-5</retval>
<retdesc>Неверная
подпись step=7</retdesc>
</response>

Did some one know what the hell is in <retdesc> element and how to convert
it to normal text?

it's string of html encoded characters -> ÐÐµÐ²ÐµÑ€Ð½Ð°Ñ > подпиÑÑŒ

babycode

Did some one know what the hell is in said:
it to normal text?

Some kind of description containing HTML entities. I pasted the code
in a Blogger post and got back an expression in Russian (I think).

Greetings.
bc

Nikolay Pavlov

Did some one know what the hell is in <retdesc> element and how to
convert it to normal text?

Responding to my own question... The answer was $KCODE = "UTF-8" :)