Strange temporary error after applying .Net SP1

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jacob Colding, Nov 22, 2005.

  1. Hi all,

    A couple of days ago, my hosting provider upgraded the .Net framework
    to .Net 1.1 SP1. Since then I am experincing strange errors: some of
    the aspx pages suddenly an exception on the initial pageload (se
    stacktrace below).

    The error is temporary and can be resolved by restarting IIS. Any ideas
    as to the cause of this error??

    Regards,

    -Jacob

    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: length at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex,
    Int32 length) at System.Web.UI.Util.GetScriptLocation(HttpContext
    context) at
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseValidator.RegisterValidatorCommonScript()
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseValidator.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() :

    Jacob Colding, Nov 22, 2005

  2. Hi Jacob

    We too are experiencing these random errors. Please see the thread
    http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=111270&SiteID=1

    Would be really interested in any feedback you've received.

    --
    Life is just moving things around.

    =?Utf-8?B?Tmlr?=, Feb 7, 2006