Strange temporary error after applying .Net SP1

Jacob Colding

Hi all,

A couple of days ago, my hosting provider upgraded the .Net framework
to .Net 1.1 SP1. Since then I am experincing strange errors: some of
the aspx pages suddenly an exception on the initial pageload (se
stacktrace below).

The error is temporary and can be resolved by restarting IIS. Any ideas
as to the cause of this error??

Regards,

-Jacob

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex,
Int32 length) at System.Web.UI.Util.GetScriptLocation(HttpContext
context) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseValidator.RegisterValidatorCommonScript()
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseValidator.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() :