Strange textinput

Rolf Rosenquist

Have an ASP page on internet, where I let the user write his email address.
Today I see that this text input field has got a yellow background instead
of the normal white as the other input fields. The code is quite normal.
Using IE 6.0.2900. It has not appeared before. Then I rebooted the computer,
but got the same result.

When I try another computer, also with XP pro and the same IE, the text
input is white as it should.

Any guess where to find the fault?

/ Rolf

Rolf Rosenquist

Googling could only find tips on how to DO the coloring of input fields. But
I have not written any code whatsoever for that, but got one field colored.
My problem is how to take something away that is not there.

Or do you mean that the Google toolbar in itself is the problem? If so, do
you know how to delete it? Cause I can´t find where.

/ Rolf

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Yes, the toolbar itself, although I imagine other such products do the same
thing. The Google toolbar, iIrc, has a setting, which is on by default. It
will highlight fields that it can auto-fill for you from identity
information you've provided. Like, if you setup your name and address in
your Google toolbar settings, it will offer to autofill fields when it
thinks that's what they're asking for. I think this is how it works anyway.
I may be confusing it with Roboform.

Ray at work

Rolf Rosenquist

Thanks Ray, that was it.
BTW do you also know how to delete the bar? I got it unknown to me by
installing the Earth program.
/ Rolf