Strange thing happening with onunload and google

kymangrave

Hi there,
I have set up a disclaimer page for our public access PCs at our
Libraries which has the following function:

function breach() {
alert("Proceeding beyond these Conditions is..................... If
you have read the Conditions, scroll to the bottom and press the 'Yes I

agree' button.")
window.location="disclaim.htm"

and then in the body tag I
have onunload=breach()
This works fine for all websites entered into the address bar except if

you enter www.google.com
What it is supposed to do is bring up the prompt and when you click on
the OK button it will go back to the disclaimer page.
They should only be able to get to the web by clicking on the 'Yes I
agree' button at the bottom of the disclaimer page.
Does anyone out there know why google doesn't fire up the disclaim.htm
page like all the other sites?
It is very frustrating.
Many thanks
Kymbo

Alvaro G Vicario

*** (e-mail address removed) wrote/escribió (15 Mar 2005 18:39:39 -0800):
What it is supposed to do is bring up the prompt and when you click on
the OK button it will go back to the disclaimer page.
They should only be able to get to the web by clicking on the 'Yes I
agree' button at the bottom of the disclaimer page.

Congratulations, it's really annoying. I suppose the purpose is reducing
the usage or public access PCs so no more budget is needed, hun? :p

Does anyone out there know why google doesn't fire up the disclaim.htm
page like all the other sites?

It does fire it to me. Actually, it isn't Google the page that executes the
code, it's your start page. Does it happen in all the computers or just
one?