    Joe.

    P.S.
    I am a total html newbie, so pls keep it simple if pos.

    Joe, Aug 25, 2007

  2. Joe

    John Hosking Guest

    Joe wrote:

    "Strange thing" is not an especially useful subject line. What's your
    post *about*?

    > My small 'website' is just a load of links to things like myspace, youtube
    > etc., but it's located at www.myname.co.uk

    Bad news: I think your site is down. I see "Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access / on this server."

    (If that was just an example, and you don't want to tell us your real
    URL, use example.com, or example.org, or example.net, which were created
    for just the purpose of providing example domain names.

    > and the problem is when I click
    > on a link like say www.youtube.com/myname . When the main window

    In YouTube, right?

    > opens up in youtube and the first page

    .... in YouTube...

    > appears successfully loaded, I click the 'next-page' link,

    which I don't see, but then I'm not a YouTube subscriber/member person.

    > say www.youtube.co/myname_2 and then click either the back
    > button on the browser or refresh the page, it goes back to my original first
    > page www.myname.co.uk instead of performing the 'expected' function. Can
    > anyone suggest what's going wrong and how I might deal with it?

    I'm guessing that it's how YouTube coded their page (that's where you
    are, right?), and they are using JavaScript or Flash or frames or
    something. Um, *you're* not using frames on your site, are you?

    If it's YouTube's design decision that's hurting you, your choices are
    either not to click the Back button, but to use YouTube links to get
    back, or to not visit YouTube.

    If it's your page's use of frames, then stop doing that. Provide a real
    URL if you still need help.

    > P.S.
    > I am a total html newbie, so pls keep it simple if pos.

    Except for the possibility that *your* use of frames is causing the
    phenomenon you're seeing, this has nothing to do with HTML. That's
    simple innit? ;-)

    --
    John
    Pondering the value of the UIP: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

    John Hosking, Aug 25, 2007

  3. Joe

    You called Guest

    You called, Aug 25, 2007
  4. Joe

    Martin Jay Guest

    On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 17:01:43 GMT, "Joe" <> wrote:
    >My small 'website' is just a load of links to things like myspace, youtube
    >etc., but it's located at www.myname.co.uk and the problem is when I click
    >on a link like say www.youtube.com/myname . When the main window opens up in
    >youtube and the first page appears successfully loaded, I click the
    >'next-page' link, say www.youtube.co/myname_2 and then click either the back
    >button on the browser or refresh the page...

    It would be helpful to see the real pages.

    Anyway, you're not doing something silly such as using frames are you?
    --
    Martin Jay

    Martin Jay, Aug 25, 2007