Strange Threads Behaviour...

rodmc

I have written an application which uses threads and the XMPP library -
this is a library which supports the jabber instant messaging protocol.
The application works fine when run from Idle, however I get thread
errors when I try to run it as an EXE created with Py2Exe or when it is
run within other editors such as SPE.

I need to ship the application to end users so any pointers on thread
handling when creating shipping apps would be useful.

For reasons of confidentiality I cannot post all the source code,
however the error log is below.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

rod

update (server adddress deleted)
Jabber Login Successful
Greg forced SASL not to be used. Auhentication fails if it is used.
Warning: unable to perform SASL auth os (serger address deleted). Old
authentication method used!
idname:
glocopex executing
Exception in thread Thread-1 (most likely raised during interpreter
shutdown):
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python23\lib\threading.py", line 442, in __bootstrap
File "I:\My Documents\pyscripts\Newclient\newclient.py", line 368, in
run
File "I:\My Documents\pyscripts\Newclient\newclient.py", line 404, in
GoOn
File "I:\My Documents\pyscripts\Newclient\newclient.py", line 399, in
StepOn
File "C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\xmpp\dispatcher.py", line 116, in
Process
File "C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\xmpp\transports.py", line 101, in
receive
Script terminated.

Diez B. Roggisch

[...]

I got errors in this style when shutting down a multi-threaded app. Does
this appear by any chance when quitting your client? Then you can ignore
it.

diez

rodmc

Hi Diez,

No this occurs when the client is executed. Basically it runs as you
see above then terminates. It should be noted that the errors involving
the /xmpp libraries seem to change each time. I have no doubt it is
connected to that, but the error does not happen at all when I run the
client through IDLE.

Best,

rod