Strange white block beneath the page in FF

Dylan Parry

Pondering the eternal question of "Hobnobs or Rich Tea?", "Gabriël@Home"
finally proclaimed:
Any suggestions?

Putting a doctype removes the white space at the bottom, but that opens
up a whole new can of worms as you have used height attributes on the
table, which according to the standards aren't valid. This means that FF
then displays a continuation of the background image running below where
the page content finishes.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Gabri=EBl=40Home=22?=

Ok... thanks for the solution. I knew about the table height elements,
but couldn't find any solution which could work for this situation.
Where we always want to have the bottom at the bottom of the screen and
won't use frames...

I'm gonna try!

David Graham

Mark Parnell said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, ""Gabriël@Home""

http://accessat.c-net.us/test/template-footer.html

--
Mark Parnell
Att. Google Groups users - this is your last warning:

Hi
The footer does not stay at the bottom of the viewport when the content is
short in my version of Opera:
Opera Version 8.51
Build 7712
Platform Win32
System Windows XP

Work OK in Firefox 1.5 and IE 6.0
Anyone else noticed this?
regards
David

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, David Graham
The footer does not stay at the bottom of the viewport when the content is
short in my version of Opera:

Same here. Konqueror (3.2 IIRC) is the same. Still, the page does say
*satisfactory* results. It works for the vast majority of users, and at
least the page is still usable.