Strategy for Client Validation of Dates etc when doing Edit/Update on a datagrid.

Mr Newbie

I am using a DataGrid for Edit and Update. However, Im wondering what the
best strategy for client side validation would be as I dont think the
validators can reference the TextBoxes which come up in the Table Rendered
by the DataGrid when Editing/Updating or maybe I'm wrong ?????

I know I can validate inside the update event, but i wondered if anyone has
tried to do this client side ?

Cheers - Mr Newbie.

Brock Allen

if you want more control of the controls in edit mode, look into making an
EditItemTemplate and adding the validation controls in there (as per your
requirements).

Brock Allen

Not inside a termplate, becuase the template tends to get created several
times, once per row from the datasource when databinding. They are there,
but you have to access them via the row using the FindControl API (at least
that's the typical way).